Let’s face it; the Mojito is one of the best-known and historic cocktails across the globe, dating back all the way to 16th-century Cuba.
In my opinion, the best Mojito recipe is made with five ingredients – white rum, soda water, sugar, lime juice and mint leaves, creating an incredibly refreshing, zingy cocktail, perfect for any occasion.
Me and Andrew love to enjoy a cheeky Mojito now and again, especially if we are on holiday chilling by the pool. What could be better?
- 2 oz or 60 ml of white rum
- 3 oz or 90 ml of soda water
- Juice of 1 lime
- Ice cubes
- 1 tsp of granulated white sugar
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- Garnish: Fresh mint leaf
- Combine: Add mint leaves and sugar to a small jug. Squeeze in the lime juice and pop in the wedges, then using a rolling pin mix all together crushing the mint leaves as you go.
- Mixer: Pour the mixture into a highball glass, add white rum and a handful of ice and stir it all well. Top up with soda water.
- Garnish: Pop in a sprig of fresh mint, then serve.
Granulated white sugar can be substituted with sugar syrup, however granulated sugar gives a little bit of texture and does not make the cocktail overly sweet.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.3g
Keywords: Mojito cocktail recipe