An Italian classic, I have found that the best Negroni recipe is actually one of the simplest. Take equal parts of vermouth, gin and Campari, stir it all together, and you will have a refreshingly refined cocktail.
Slightly bitter, with an orange tang, this cocktail is undoubtedly more of a “mature/grown up” type of drink, great before or after meal.
Although this cocktail has several variations (you can choose different types of vermouth or swap gin with whisky or sparkling wine etc.), this classic version is my all-time favourite.
- 1 oz or 30 ml of gin
- 1 oz or 30 ml of sweet vermouth
- 1 oz or 30 ml of Campari
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: Orange peel or slice of orange
- Combine: Add the gin, sweet vermouth and Campari to a mixing jug filled with ice.
- Mixer: Stir it thoroughly for about 30 seconds until well combined and the outside of the jug is chilled. Strain into a tumbler over the ice cubes.
- Garnish: Pop a slice of orange or an orange peel into the glass, then serve.
Depending how strong you want your cocktail to be you can increase/decrease the amount of gin/vermouth accordingly. Try Angostura Orange Bitters for some extra bitter zest
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 174
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0g
Keywords: Negroni cocktail recipe