- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
Fresh, feisty and zesty, our Margarita recipe combines the punch of tequila with smooth triple sec (orange-flavoured liqueur; think Cointreau) and fresh lime juice.
This versatile cocktail is ideal for getting the party started or simply relaxing in the afternoon sun. The best Margarita’s should be easy to make… and even easier to enjoy with friends.
“Know when to give up and have a margarita.” – Seen On Pinterest
- 2 oz or 60 ml of tequila
- 1 oz or 30 ml of Triple sec (orange liqueur ie. Cointreau)
- 1 oz or 30 ml of lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: Slice of lime
- Prepare: Using a slice of lime, rub along the rim of the cocktail glass and dip it into a salt.
- Combine: Add the tequila, Triple sec and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Mixer: Shake well until all is chilled and strain into a prepared glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish: Pop a slice of lime over the rim of the glass, then serve.
Don’t miss out on the salted glass rim; it’s a vital part of the traditional Margarita experience.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.1g
Keywords: Margarita cocktail recipe