- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 Serving 1x
A classic 1980s cocktail designed to keep you going until the early hours, the best Espresso Martini recipe is an awakening combination of espresso, coffee liqueur, and vodka.
Urban legend has it that notorious London bartender Dick Bradsell first concocted this caffeine creation. A well-known model asked for a drink that would “wake me up and f**k me up” – and hey presto, the Espresso Martini was born.
Fun fact, just like the Passionfruit Martini, the Espresso Martini contains… no Martini!
- 2 oz or 60 ml of vodka
- 1 oz or 30 ml of coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa)
- 1 oz or 30 ml of espresso coffee
- ½ oz sugar syrup (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Garnish: 2-3 coffee beans (optional)
- Combine: Add vodka, coffee liqueur, cold espresso coffee sugar syrup (if you are using one) to a cocktail shaker glass.
- Mixer: Add 3-4 large ice cubes and and shake it really well until all’s combined and properly chilled.
- Garnish: Strain into chilled cocktail glass. If you like, decorate with 2-3 coffee beans, then serve.
- Prepare espresso coffee in advance and let it cool completely.
- Put some effort and power when shaking all the ingredients. This will give your cocktail a nice frothy foam.
- Skip the sugar syrup if you prefer your cocktails less sweet
- Maybe don’t drink one just before you go to bed!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 16g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 0.1g
Keywords: Espresso Martini cocktail recipe