Ah, The Bloody Mary: a brunch classic and a morning-after saviour. This iconic concoction fuses the robustness of tomato, the kick of vodka, and a medley of spices to wake up your palate.
Perfect for lazy Sundays or invigorating morning gatherings, the best Bloody Mary cocktail is a kaleidoscope of spicy, tangy, and savoury. Ready to embrace this vibrant drink?
- 1/2 oz (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt
- Ground pepper (to taste)
- 1–2 dashes of hot sauce (like Tabasco; adjust to your preference)
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 pickle spear (optional)
- Green olives (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Prepare: Rim a highball or pint glass with lemon juice, then dip it in sea salt.
- Mix: In the glass, add vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of celery salt, ground pepper, and hot sauce.
- Ice: Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Stir: Stir with a stirring stick or a long spoon until the mixture is well combined.
- Garnish: Garnish with a celery stalk, lemon wedge, and maybe a couple of green olives.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
There are many variations of the Bloody Mary. I like to add a little horseradish for an extra kick. You can even opt for clamato juice for a Bloody Caesar.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Cuisine: Cocktail
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 1.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 0.2g
Keywords: Bloody Mary cocktail recipe